Thursday, July 28, 2005

Questions unlimited

I am always so full of questions; and when I am in a contemplative mood, as I am today, my mind bursts open with so many questions, most of which are never answered. I think now, as I struggle valiantly to be optimistic, that I'll never find the answers.
For instance, why is it that good times seem to disappear so quickly that you never realize they're gone until bad times start taking effect?
Why are there so many bad times that make you wish for some time turner and change things, or better still, to escape into the future so you don't have to face them!
How do things unexpectedly make even the optimist feel hopeless?
And why does God seem to leave that hand He used to hold you with, when you needed that support the most?
But well, things can never be hopeless....even in the darkest of skies, there will be some ray of light coming out to give a splinter of hope....or maybe, the other way to feel hopeful is to think of those people who are worse, as it comes in one old song in Tamil, oft quoted by my mother.
"Unakkum keezhey iruppavar kodi,
Ninaithu paarthu nimmadhi naadu"
(Umm, well, not sure of the second line :) )
What say you?

6 Comments:

At 8:10 AM, Blogger Vivhyd said...

there wouldn't be any surprises in life if we could control wht we want.. guess its not meant to be that way.. u r rite.. how time flies when there are happy moments and is still when not needed.. wish we cud change that..

 
At 12:47 PM, Blogger Vinesh said...

Vani..

Questions will come aplenty, especially if we provide them enough space to flourish...

But if we talk about life and death or other serious issues, we can only get philosophical answers...

Moreover, it is a big waste of time. I have personally experienced this, so I am telling you...

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Vinesh said...

Maybe that previous comment didn't come out the way I intended it. But vaguely, I feel we are all kept wanting because only then we will have the desire to live..

As the lines of a Thamizh song go..

"தேடல் உள்ள உயிர்களுக்கே வாழ்வில் பசி இருக்கும்..
தேடல் என்பது உள்ள வரை வாழ்வில் ருசி இருக்கும்..
இந்த பாடல் போல தேடல் கூட ஒரு சுகமே!"

I might've messed up the lyrics, but I'm sure I got the meaning right..

You get my drift?

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger ~phobiac~ said...

" onnume puriyala ulagathula...
yennamo nadakuthu marmamaa irukkuthu..."

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Gnana Kirukan said...

Vani - all these questions are answered in the book "Aghori III - The Law of Karma" by Robert E Svoboda - read it and you will get your answers - remember - every action has an equal and opposite reaction - this is Netwon's third law as well as the Law of Karma!!

I liked your profile - one reason - you like ARR ;) - the other reason - I liked your attitude :)

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Vinesh said...

Grr... update this blog :-(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home